Tuesday, March 8, 2011

CHARITIES AND RIGHTEOUS DEEDS

"Where are your charities and your righteous deeds? You seem to know everything!" -- Tobit 2:14

Charity is an act of a compassionate heart that moves with pity towards the poor and the needy.What good is this knowledge and wisdom if not felt by the heart to put it into action?

As a businessman, I am going through tough times where I seem to lack the proper financial resources to meet my debts and obligations. But somehow, I am confident in faith that the Lord will never abandon me in my time of need as He has always does.

I am still willing to empty myself even more so that others may be filled. With what I have, I share to those poor children who desire to learn and have a better education. I ask nothing in return, always believing that the Lord already knows all my needs and wants.

Today, I allow myself to express the heart of Jesus in me, willing to give His all for the praise and glory of God, our Father.

Father in heaven, give me your heart through Jesus Christ my Lord, that I may share in the joy of your blessings!


Quotes:

The bread which you use is the bread of the hungry; the garment hanging in your wardrobe is the garment of him who is naked; the shoes you do not wear are the shoes of the one who is barefoot; the acts of charity that you do not perform are so many injustices that you commit. -- St. Basil

God does not want each person to keep all the counsels, but only those appropriate to the diversity of persons, times, opportunities, and strengths, as charity requires; for it is charity, as queen of all virtues, all commandments, all counsels, and, in short, of all laws and all Christian actions that gives to all of them their rank, order, time, and value. -- St Francis de Sales