Thursday, February 9, 2012

GOD'S FULLNESS WILL FILL YOU

"Let the children first be fed, for it is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs." -- Mark 7:27

While waiting for my wife at the parking area of a restaurant, a little girl approach me to sell some flowers in her hand. Her face is like an angel and the Lord's heart of compassion that is in me starts to pump. I told her that I will not buy the two remaining bunch of flowers in her hand but I will give her an allowance for her school. She smiled in thankful appreciation and I went inside the restaurant to get money from my wife. I went back outside, called on her and gave her some money. At this point, I felt that I was filled with the love of Christ.

What you do with those who beg from you is what God will do with His beggar, you! You are filled and you are empty. Fill your empty neighbor from your fullness, so that your emptiness may be filled from God's fullness. -- St. Augustine

Lord Jesus, your love for little children brings joy to my heart every time I encounter moments of grace such as this. May you always fill me with your heart of charity and compassion. Make me your instrument to reach out to these poor children who are in much need of your love and care.