Monday, February 19, 2024

Do For Jesus

"Amen, I say to you, whatever you did 
for one of these least brothers of mine, 
you did for Me."
MATTHEW 25:40


Jesus teaches about service and kindness. He is saying that when we help others, especially those who are in need or less fortunate, it’s as if we are doing it for Him. This teaching emphasizes the importance of empathy and compassion in our actions. Moreover, doing righteous deeds leads to eternal life. 

31 Jesus said to his disciples: “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, 32 and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34 Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’ 40 And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’ 41 Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.’ 44 Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’ 45 He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’ 46 And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” (Matthew 25:31-46)

In the heart's quiet echo, a whisper is heard, "Amen, I say to you," speaks the gentle Word. "Your deeds of love, though they may seem small, reflect in My eyes, the greatest of all. For the cup of water given in My name to the least of brothers, it's to Me the same. The kindness you showed to the one in need is like a heavenly flower, sown from a seed. When you clothed the naked, fed the poor, you did it for Me, of this be sure. Your love, your compassion, your tender care is a sweet offering, beyond compare. So continue to serve, continue to love, for what you do below, is seen above. Remember, my child, in each face you see, whatever you did for them, you did for Me."

Lord Jesus, in Your words, we find a guiding light, "Amen, I say to you," resonates in the quiet of the night. In every act of kindness, in every deed of love, we see Your face, in the heavens above. When we reach out to the least of our brothers, we reach out to You, there are no others. In the hungry we feed, in the naked we clothe, we see Your love, and make an oath. To serve You Lord, in all that we do, to remember always, our actions are unto You. Help us to see You, in every face, and to serve our brothers, with grace. With much love and thanksgiving we pray. Amen.


God calls His people to live a life of holiness, just as He is holy. This means to live a life that is set apart, striving for purity, righteousness, and godliness in all actions and thoughts. The Lord likewise emphasize the importance of treating others with the same kindness, respect, and love that one would want to be treated with. It’s a fundamental principle that encourages empathy, understanding, and mutual respect among individuals. 

1 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Speak to the whole assembly of the children of Israel and tell them: Be holy, for I, the Lord your God, am holy. 11 “You shall not steal. You shall not lie or speak falsely to one another. 12 You shall not swear falsely by my name, thus profaning the name of your God. I am the Lord. 13 “You shall not defraud or rob your neighbor. You shall not withhold overnight the wages of your day laborer. 14 You shall not curse the deaf, or put a stumbling block in front of the blind, but you shall fear your God. I am the Lord. 15 “You shall not act dishonestly in rendering judgment. Show neither partiality to the weak nor deference to the mighty, but judge your fellow men justly. 16 You shall not go about spreading slander among your kin; nor shall you stand by idly when your neighbor’s life is at stake. I am the Lord. 17 “You shall not bear hatred for your brother in your heart. Though you may have to reprove him, do not incur sin because of him.18 Take no revenge and cherish no grudge against your fellow countrymen. You shall love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.” (Leviticus 19:1-2, 11-18)

"You shall love your neighbor," so the Good Book does implore, not just in deeds, but in our hearts, forever, evermore. As yourself, you shall love them, for in each face, we find a reflection of the Divine, in body, soul, and mind. "I am the Lord," the verse concludes, a powerful decree, a reminder of His presence, in you, in me, in we. In every act of kindness, in every loving word, the echo of His commandment is distinctly heard. So let us love our neighbors, let us hold them dear, for in doing so, we make the Lord's presence here. In every smile, every helping hand, every heart that's stirred, we live the verse, "You shall love... I am the Lord."

Father in heaven, in Your words, we find our guide, "You shall love your neighbor," You confide. As ourselves, we shall love each one under the same sky, under the same sun. Help us to see, Lord, in every face, a neighbor, a friend, touched by Your grace. Help us to love, as You command with open hearts, with helping hands. "I am the Lord," You gently remind, in every act of love, it's You we find. Guide us, Lord, in Your divine way to love our neighbors, each and every day. All these we humbly ask and pray in Jesus Name. Amen.


These passages speak about the perfection of God’s laws and their impact on our lives. God’s laws are perfect, trustworthy, right, clear, pure, and true. They refresh the soul, give wisdom, bring joy to the heart, enlighten the eyes, and endure forever. Seek wisdom and guidance in the laws and commands of God. Pray and ask that our words and thoughts may be pleasing in the sight of God, our rock and redeemer. It is important to align our words and thoughts with God’s will.

8 The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul; the decree of the Lord is trustworthy, giving wisdom to the simple. 9 The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the command of the Lord is clear, enlightening the eye. 10 The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever; the ordinances of the Lord are true, all of them just. 15 Let the words of my mouth and the thought of my heart find favor before you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:8, 9, 10, 15)

"Let the words of my mouth," I pray, "And the thoughts of my heart each day, find favor before You, O Lord so dear, my rock, my redeemer, always near. In every word that I speak, in every thought, whether bold or meek, may they be pleasing in Your sight like stars shining in the night. You are my rock, steady and true, my redeemer, making all things new. So let my words and thoughts each day, reflect Your love in every way."

Father in heaven, "Let the words of my mouth and the thought of my heart find favor before You," is where I start. You are my rock, my redeemer, my guide, in Your presence, I take refuge and hide. May my words echo Your love, Your grace, and my thoughts reflect Your holy face. In all that I say, in all that I feel, may it be pleasing to You, may it be real. Guide me, O Lord, in Your righteous way, let my words and thoughts Your love convey. You are my rock, my redeemer, my all, in Your holy presence, I stand tall. In Jesus Name I humbly pray. Amen.



Pericope:

VI: Ministry in Judea and Jerusalem
THE JUDGMENT OF THE NATIONS
Matthew 25:31-46

IV: Code of Legal Holiness
VARIOUS RULES OF CONDUCT
Leviticus 19:1-37

First Book of Psalms 1-41
GOD'S GLORY IN THE HEAVENS AND IN THE LAW
Psalm 19:1-15

Reflection Source:
Copilot with Bing Chat